Alford Plumbing and Heating Ltd – Terms and Conditions of Contract
1. We, APH Limited of Birch Hill, Rutland Gardens, Lowford, SO31 8FZ. (Company number 6133972) agree to provide the contracted works (the “Contracted Works”) as set out in the estimate/ quotation provided to You separately (the “Contract Documents”) to You under the terms and conditions set out below.
2. We shall carry out and complete the Contracted Works with good diligence and in a good workman like manner and in accordance with the Contract Documents, using materials and workmanship of the quality and standard specified therein. We may need to modify or change the contracted work where circumstances dictate and We will discuss and agree such changes with You.
3. We undertake to use our reasonable endeavours to complete the Contracted Works on the date/s agreed.
4. We must be given access to the property on the agreed date/s, otherwise we reserve the right to charge You for any time lost.
5. The contracted works are agreed on the basis the mains water and electricity are available. Should this not be the case We will need to add the costs of obtaining water and electricity when agreeing the contract. We cannot be held responsible for any damage to the property, which is a result of unsafe or unstable walls, roofs, floors, ceilings or generally defective or improperly maintained buildings.
6. It is your responsibility to remove from the works site any personal possessions before the Contracted Works commence. These include, but are not limited to, furniture, carpets, fixtures and fittings, ornaments, plants shrubs and garden furniture. If this is not done before the Contracted Works are due to commence we will undertake this work at an extra cost to you.
7. If, during the execution of the Contracted Works, any additional works are found to be necessary these will be undertaken at extra expense to the Contracted Works. This may include the need to rectify unforeseen defects and we will discuss the cost and the extent of these works with you. Should we need to incur additional expense to meet emergency on-site health and Safety requirements we will notify you as soon as possible.
8. If upon commencing the Contracted Works the completion of the Contracted Works becomes impractical, we reserve the right to renegotiate the contract and the Contracted Works.
9. You are responsible for removing any waste material from the site unless we have agreed to do so in the contract prior to the Contracted Works commencing.
10. We may carry out the Contracted Works with our own employees or may use sub-contractors at our sole discretion. Your contract will remain with us.
11. We may not be held responsible for any delay in the Contracted Works due to force majeure or any other matter beyond our control, including, but not limited to, inclement weather, loss or shortage of material or labour, additional difficulties or work found necessary, breakdown or malfunction of plant or equipment used during the course of works.
12. Any additional works or delay incurred due to actions or influence of a third party on the contract will be at your cost. Third parties include, but are not limited to, Architects, Structural engineers or solicitors.
13. In Consideration for the provision of the Contracted Works You agree to pay Us the charges as set out in the Contract Documents. Our price is valid for 30 days from the date of the estimate, after which we will confirm to you, upon request, any amendments necessary as at the time of reply.
14. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
15. On conclusion of the work to the agreed standard and completion of the contract payment must be paid within seven days of the invoice date.
16. If payment hasn’t been received within 14 days of the invoice date then no certificates or guarantees will be issued until full payment has been received.
17. Should We need to pursue a claim through the courts we reserve the right to include reasonable costs incurred.
18. We guarantee our workmanship for 1 year from the date of completion covering any defect that would have been caused by ourselves.
The guarantee does not supersede any manufacturers warranty or wear and tear. It does not extend to any damaged caused to a fitting by others
We cannot be held responsible for any defects to ancillary fittings that may become faulty due to the work that we have carried out.
If it is found that a reported defect is not included within the guarantee period we may charge a call out fee.
The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the operative/engineer.
The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work, which has not been undertaken by the company, will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of a Gas Warning Notice issued.
Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in the effectiveness of such works.